Saturday, October 3, 2009

Prozac

Well, it's official. A couple of days ago I decided to take Darby off Prozac. She went on it shortly after I adopted her, because she was so painfully timid that she couldn't function. Within three days of taking Prozac, Darby began to "socialize" with us. Over time her personality began to show, and she started eating and playing regularly. I didn't want her to stay on Prozac forever, which is why I've come to the decision to stop medicating her now. I think that at this point, she's the best she's ever going to be. She is still wary of strangers (which I don't particularly mind) and runs like the sky is falling whenever she hears a noise, but most of the time she acts like a normal dog. I think that from here on out, Xerxes is all the medicine she's ever going to need.

Xerxes is another story. He's still on the Prozac, and he's staying on it for a while. He hasn't mastered the art of juggling his bladder and emotions just yet, so he squirts quite frequently. In fact, he squirted on the couch last night while I was petting him. He also continues to get incredibly upset when I go to work. We now have to crate him in the bathroom, instead of letting him have free range of the bathroom, because he tore up the wall and door frame.

Do not, however, think for a second that Darby is without flaws. She decided to catch up on some after school reading yesterday while Kai and Xerxes picked me up from the train station.

She was so pleased with herself that her head began to recede into her neck.

I'll give her this, though. She is not nearly as destructive as her brother.

I can't post a picture of just one of them, because that would be unfair. Here's Xerxes looking innocent:

What a cute little boy!

Anyway, I haven't posted any Bristow Cardigan pictures lately. I took a picture of the completed left sleeve last night. Here it is:


I started the right sleeve last night, and I'm hoping to get pretty far on it this weekend. Fingers crossed! I'm nervous about doing the button band. I've never picked up stitches before. Yikes!

0 comments: