Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bristow: Revisited

Sunday, 10/25/09, marked the resurrection of the Bristow Cardigan. I finished Rae's scarf Sunday afternoon and found myself ready to return to the poor, neglected cardigan. There's not much left to do. I just have to finish up the right sleeve, sew the pieces together, and add the button bands.

Since I've been going days without touching a knitting needle, I've fallen behind. I still have two more cardigans, dishtowels, dishcloths, a scarf, and various other crap I haven't yet invented to finish. Ugh.

One very lazy day I attempted to start the Chevron Lace Cardigan. I crashed and burned. I did two rows and discovered my stitch count was off. After spending about 30 minutes adding, subtracting, and multiplying (and maybe a little double integrating, if you catch my drift), I decided to put the yarn away. I think this project will require a tad more concentration than can be afforded whilst watching TV. One day soon I'll sit down without the TV blaring and work out the kinks. (I like to do everything in front of the TV. I think that just means I need double entertainment.)

I should probably start taking some of the small projects to work. I could knock out a couple of inches during my lunch break. However, I'm terrified that I'll make a mistake and not have enough time to fix it before my break is over. Plus, what if I accidentally break my needles in transport? Sigh. I suppose I'm being a bit irrational. Alright. It's settled. I'll bring the needed supplies tomorrow. It'll give me an "excuse" to work on two things at once. I think I'll start with the really cute Garden Girl Dishcloth. I really wanted to make it in pink, but I'll have to settle for purple. The store didn't have any pink cotton yarn. That reminds me...I need to get more cotton yarn.

0 comments: