Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dishcloth(s)!

I have a new obsession: dishcloths. There's something about instant gratification that I can't resist. Last night I finished the Little Garden Girl Dishcloth. I started it at work last Wednesday (Yes, I kept my word about getting some knitting done during my lunch break.), but I couldn't bring myself to leave it there over the weekend. Here it is:


I have another dishcloth in progress, the Baked With Love Dishcloth. I started it last Thursday night while I was forced to stay in the living room. Usually I knit upstairs, where I have more room, but Kai was very sick and needed the bedroom. I'm knitting this dishcloth with size 2 needles, and I already regret it. I really wanted the picture to pop, which it is, but the struggle isn't worth it. I bought some size 4 needles last night that I'm going to use for the rest of the dishcloths that I make. The size 4 needles should make the stitches tight enough without adding unnecessary (and time consuming) strain on my hands and wrists.

Last night I went on a mini cotton yarn shopping spree at AC Moore. I bought a ton of new colors. I'm really looking forward to getting a bunch of dishcloths done quick, because I'll feel like a good chunk of the Christmas knitting is finished. The cardigans are really wearing on me. I'll do a couple rows on Bristow, and then abandon it for something smaller. I haven't even started my grandmother's cardigan. I wonder if starting hers will renew my interest in Bristow...

In other news, I'm torn about the impending baby shower item I'm going to make. I kind of want to make baby washcloths now. I found a ton of cute patterns on Ravelry that would look great in a set. Maybe, if I pace myself, I can make a cardigan AND the washcloths.

0 comments: