Wednesday, October 6, 2010

OCD

I've been out of touch with pretty much everyone lately, and I just wanted to send out a signal letting those who were wondering about me that I am okay.

I was recently diagnosed with a psychiatric condition (OCD), and I am receiving medication and therapy. For those unfamiliar with OCD, it stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and much to my surprise, there's much more to it than compulsive hand washing. I'll of course spare you the details since they are both embarrassing to me (and probably repulsive to you), but I'm proud to report that my brain has finally started to quiet, and it's a feeling I've never felt. You normal people have no idea how lucky you are!

I look forward to subjecting all of you to my ranting and raving (and over-sharing) once I have recovered. Good day!

0 comments: